If you've found this blog by accident, you're welcome. It only exists to tell one person what I had for tea, but if you're interested feel free to nose.
Cassoulazy
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
'...skimming as necessary' is never an appetising instruction, but Allegra McEvedy sticks it in there anyway.
Looks green to me, hope that's a photographic effect. Had birthday tea in Pret's yesterday (avocado wrap). But just made delicious cheese scones to go with home-made pea and celery soup so hope that makes up for it.
Race date: 6 July 2025 Race distance: 10km TL;DR This is a smashing race. I decided after some very enjoyable but not felly recent races that I really needed to do some off-roading, and Great Hucklow ticked all the Sunday-morning-fell-race boxes: medium distance, medium climb, not too far away and not done it before. I signed up. Sunday morning arrived and I headed out into a light drizzle with a matching light hangover (Marple beer run and associated peripheral beer the day before), feeling quite excited to be doing a new and unknown race. Parking was a challenge, but I squeezed in near the pub and headed up the hill to the primary school and registration. The fact that I'd failed to bring cash to order a sausage sandwich for afterward did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm, and I was soon pleased to discover this was one of the many fell races where Ian Stinson and I have been the only Striders. Soon enough the race was on, and we belted down the lane and throug...
Race date: 14 August 2025 Race distance: 4 miles This is a tough little race, part of the KMR series. I'd never done it before, but it's not far to Elsecar and there was the promise of toffees. I parked up and followed the crowd to registration in the pub. The race seemed to coincide with a motorbike meetup, and the sight of hairy bikers cruising through the throng was rather unique. A drinker asked Laura Rangeley and I what we were up to, and seemed quite confused by the fact I had no idea where I would be running. I soon found out. We set off along the canal path, before swinging right onto the road and what turned out to be a hefty old kilometre of climbing. Thankfully, it was the last sustained climb of the race and after a bit of flat stuff we turned onto farmland and commenced our descent towards a fast finish by the car park. I was sweating like mad by the end and far more interested in the bottle of water than the bag of toffees! The winner was Andrew Hamblen ...
Looks green to me, hope that's a photographic effect. Had birthday tea in Pret's yesterday (avocado wrap). But just made delicious cheese scones to go with home-made pea and celery soup so hope that makes up for it.
ReplyDelete