Baked chicken
Many would say it's roast chicken, but I choose to call it baked. Also, you can't have a picture, because it's still in the oven. I have covered it in butter and shoved a lemon up its insides to prevent it from getting pregnant. I don't want a bird in the oven with a bun in the oven.
The lemon was pre-boiled, following the suggestion of Jamie Oliver (He also said put garlic and thyme up there, but I chose to ignore him as it seemed inhumane.)
The chicken will be accompanied by baked fennel, tomato, carrot and the leftover thin-sliced potatoes from yesterday's black pud lasagne. I think, with hindsight, the bitterness may well have been a natural reaction to use of black pudding from the wrong side of the Pennines. A grave mistake.
There will also be the levitating wine above. And to follow, baked rhubarb in orange juice (outrageously, the rhubarb isn't from Yorkshire). It's time to baste. Have a good week.
The lemon was pre-boiled, following the suggestion of Jamie Oliver (He also said put garlic and thyme up there, but I chose to ignore him as it seemed inhumane.)
The chicken will be accompanied by baked fennel, tomato, carrot and the leftover thin-sliced potatoes from yesterday's black pud lasagne. I think, with hindsight, the bitterness may well have been a natural reaction to use of black pudding from the wrong side of the Pennines. A grave mistake.
There will also be the levitating wine above. And to follow, baked rhubarb in orange juice (outrageously, the rhubarb isn't from Yorkshire). It's time to baste. Have a good week.

Well you've done a lot of cooking since I last looked. I think roast, sorry baked, chicken is one of the most delicious things ever. Lemon up its arse or not. Ellis baked some choc chip muffins yesterday while I made a delicous spinach and potato soup.
ReplyDeleteNah, you don't need to bother with pre boiling the lemon. Just get it in there, and pour lemon juice all over too. Classic Greek recipe. Xxxx
ReplyDelete