Does this blog need a new name?
Such as 'what was I thinking?'. Following yesterday's farrago with the wood panelling, today mostly involved pulling 2 layers of polystyrene tiles off the ceiling, packing them into 9 bin bags, taking quite a heavy blow to the head from a piece of wood, and discovering that the ceiling has no plaster on it, just bare plasterboard.
Tea was good though, against the odds – it's hard to find motivation when cooking for one, so it was really just a chuck-a-load-of-stuff-in-a-pan-while-you-do-the-ironing-and-destroy-the-lounge. Very slowly cooked chilli con carne, with rice, yoghurt and slivers of double Gloucester. And not from a recipe, for once. I'm about to follow it with a bottle of Easy Rider, and I might follow that with some of the new Ben & Jerry's flavour because I'm a sucker for advertising.
(*the picture is a smart-arsed F. Scott Fitzgerald joke. Because I can.)
Tea was good though, against the odds – it's hard to find motivation when cooking for one, so it was really just a chuck-a-load-of-stuff-in-a-pan-while-you-do-the-ironing-and-destroy-the-lounge. Very slowly cooked chilli con carne, with rice, yoghurt and slivers of double Gloucester. And not from a recipe, for once. I'm about to follow it with a bottle of Easy Rider, and I might follow that with some of the new Ben & Jerry's flavour because I'm a sucker for advertising.
(*the picture is a smart-arsed F. Scott Fitzgerald joke. Because I can.)
*
Comments
Post a Comment