What lies within?

Answer: a bacon, egg and mushroom sandwich from the Chinese caff by Smithfield. Just the thing for a Friday morning.
Last night's tea was eaten rather late - a re-hash of Anjum's chicken and spinach, and much better for it, particularly when helped down by most of a bottle of wine. This blog is highlighting some glaring deficiencies in my eating habits, and reminding me how little baking I've done lately. So next week I shall do black millionaire's shortbread, and look for a black millionaire to give it to.
Tomorrow, though, I have a plan: it involves getting up early and hunting for these: the legendary St John doughnuts. Fingers crossed they'll do a batch this week...
The St John restaurant was responsible for probably the best dessert I've ever eaten - a twice-baked chocolate cake. I still dream about it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Hucklow Fell Race 2025

Stan's Toffee Run 2025