heston and nigel
First up, a correction from earlier in the week. The crab and tomato soup worked a treat when reheated with a handful of beansprouts chucked in (as verified by my heavyweight boxer flatmate, so best not gainsay me).
But on to today. Entertaining an old friend (and some mice), so pushed out the boat a bit. Main course was Heston's chilli (Waitrose again. Sorry. I'll vary it next week). Don't tell my guest, but I buggered it up a bit. Left the cooker on high and went out, had to rescue it with a kettleful of water. Seemed to work though - seven hours in and smooth as you like. Baked potatoes, red Leicester, sour cream. Wine.
Next up the dessert (only two courses I'm afraid. It's a boat, not an oil tanker.) Last week's Observer Magazine had rhubarb in it. I like rhubarb, though my esteemed visitor's not keen - a risky choice. But everyone likes mascarpone and double cream, so a fairly safe bet. The mice liked it. (Also there was more wine.)
But on to today. Entertaining an old friend (and some mice), so pushed out the boat a bit. Main course was Heston's chilli (Waitrose again. Sorry. I'll vary it next week). Don't tell my guest, but I buggered it up a bit. Left the cooker on high and went out, had to rescue it with a kettleful of water. Seemed to work though - seven hours in and smooth as you like. Baked potatoes, red Leicester, sour cream. Wine.
Next up the dessert (only two courses I'm afraid. It's a boat, not an oil tanker.) Last week's Observer Magazine had rhubarb in it. I like rhubarb, though my esteemed visitor's not keen - a risky choice. But everyone likes mascarpone and double cream, so a fairly safe bet. The mice liked it. (Also there was more wine.)


Comments
Post a Comment