Clack clack clack
Having consumed the best part of a bottle of rosé since this picture was taken, I cannot vouch for any of the following. The photo shows (allegedly) crab and tomato soup, as seen through a crab. The soup is via Nigel Slater. (Note to Mr Slater - your website doesn't work properly on the iPad. Which, when I forget to print things off at work, is my recipe book of choice.) It features nam pla, the Thai fish sauce. I cannot understand why a nation so proud and illustrious as the Thai would create nam pla. It makes no sense. As a result, the soup just tasted of nam pla, and no one needs that. Though it does remind me of pla tod, a delicious something eaten at Bintang.
This evening's entertainment also included Bright Star
, the miserable but brilliant film about the brilliant Mr John Keats. (Well, he might have been brilliant. Most of my knowledge of him is cribbed from this novel
, which is possibly my favourite written thing in this world.)
It's probably bed time. 'Night.
This evening's entertainment also included Bright Star
It's probably bed time. 'Night.

Comments
Post a Comment