Where the magic happens
Today, an insight into the military-grade planning that goes into the cooking behind this blog. The picture is the current plan for the next week's grub. Ocado delivered the ingredients this morning, and we're primed for the next campaign.
Meanwhile, the tail end of the previous push is being played out in the kitchen. A cake-shaped oatmeal soda bread from Dan Lepard's fantastic Short&Sweet is cooling on the worktop, and the same man's sour cream sandwich bread is rising in its tin, ready to replace an Armenian lamb pilaff (from the brilliant Second Helpings of Roast Chicken) in the oven. It's just what the doctor ordered, given I ran for nearly two hours today in preparation for a 20k in two weeks. And now I'm tired...
Also this weekend: the Rothwell Beer Festival had the best slogan ever written, Peggotty's fish and chips soaked it up and a big Bronx cheer to the man who let off the loudest fart in history outside the taxi place...
Meanwhile, the tail end of the previous push is being played out in the kitchen. A cake-shaped oatmeal soda bread from Dan Lepard's fantastic Short&Sweet is cooling on the worktop, and the same man's sour cream sandwich bread is rising in its tin, ready to replace an Armenian lamb pilaff (from the brilliant Second Helpings of Roast Chicken) in the oven. It's just what the doctor ordered, given I ran for nearly two hours today in preparation for a 20k in two weeks. And now I'm tired...
Also this weekend: the Rothwell Beer Festival had the best slogan ever written, Peggotty's fish and chips soaked it up and a big Bronx cheer to the man who let off the loudest fart in history outside the taxi place...

I still can't figure out how you get through so much bread...
ReplyDeleteBut 20k links to chicken.
I hope it doesn't make me do Captcha again!