A fishy. In a roasting dishy.
Here's some of it. It's a mackerel, with new potatoes and bay leaves, courtesy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall in the Guardian. The rocket is courtesy of a plant pot in the garden.
Both were very nice, particularly since I've only been able to consume Cherry Coke, Earl Grey and an ill-advised bowl of cereal today, thanks to the after-effects of having been to see Gore, Conquest of Steel, Stuka Squadron and Triaxis at the Snooty Fox last night, bookended by two takeaways (fish and chips before, dirty chicken kebab after). We didn't try the 'Irish hot curry sauce' at the chippy though, which I now regret a bit. Steel Is The Law.
The Cherry Coke managed to fuel me round the second leg of the Dronfield Relay this morning. I'm increasingly of the view that Cherry Coke is the best thing in the world, and other foodstuffs are mere decadence, existing more out of variety than necessity. I'm surprised the Coca-Cola Company persists with such inferior variants as Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke and the like, and that the dairy industry continues to ship milk about the place. Cherry Coke is also very versatile. Look. I'm so making that.
But back to today. There's Dan Lepard's seeded rye and wheat loaf in the oven. And two flavours of Antonio Federici in the freezer. You *heart* my life.
Both were very nice, particularly since I've only been able to consume Cherry Coke, Earl Grey and an ill-advised bowl of cereal today, thanks to the after-effects of having been to see Gore, Conquest of Steel, Stuka Squadron and Triaxis at the Snooty Fox last night, bookended by two takeaways (fish and chips before, dirty chicken kebab after). We didn't try the 'Irish hot curry sauce' at the chippy though, which I now regret a bit. Steel Is The Law.
The Cherry Coke managed to fuel me round the second leg of the Dronfield Relay this morning. I'm increasingly of the view that Cherry Coke is the best thing in the world, and other foodstuffs are mere decadence, existing more out of variety than necessity. I'm surprised the Coca-Cola Company persists with such inferior variants as Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke and the like, and that the dairy industry continues to ship milk about the place. Cherry Coke is also very versatile. Look. I'm so making that.
But back to today. There's Dan Lepard's seeded rye and wheat loaf in the oven. And two flavours of Antonio Federici in the freezer. You *heart* my life.

Comments
Post a Comment