Blossom falls

That's not what was for tea, that's not. That's a picture of the lovely Blossom, who stopped, never to go again on the A1 near Newark on Monday (on the way back from a very lovely wedding in Hertfordshire, with a ceilidh and the Bikini Beach Band) and is now sat in the yard of a garage by the River Don, awaiting dismantlement. I am very sad about it. Blossom was a splendid motor and took me to many wonderful places in the style (leather seats, turbo acceleration, raging thirst for petrol) to which I have become accustomed. (I get very attached to my cars. See also various Chevettes, Cortinas, a Maestro and even a Focus.) I am now confined to two pedal-driven wheels and the odd bog-standard hire car. For shame.
But life (and tea) goes on, so here's a picture of yoghurt-marinaded lamb cutlets, from a recent Guardian Weekend. Dog easy to make, and more for lunch tomorrow. This weekend I've a vegetarian guest, so it seemed only right to fill my face with bolt-gunned fluffy mammal. It was good, too, and there might be some ice cream to follow. I'm writing this having paused Synechdoche, New York, a film that seems to have been made largely in order to prove that I am a particularly dim sort of Philistine. Why is the basement on fire? WHY? To quote someone more on my level, it's like school dinner curries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Hucklow Fell Race 2025

Stan's Toffee Run 2025