Baking mad


Since my last post, I've given myself a stern talking to, and have spent the entire day baking. Above are: almond cake, oven bottom muffins, Catalan cream tarts with courgette jam (who knew custard was so easy?) and that staple of mine, sour cream sandwich bread. While I can't say I enjoyed making them, and I can't really be bothered eating them, they seem to have turned out ok. (The tarts don't look right - electric grill just isn't a blowtorch.) It's a start.

What was for tea itself was a bastardised version of this spring vegetable casserole, without the garlic bread or swede, but with baked spuds. Afters was the leftover courgette jam and custard. That's slightly a lie. The casserole's still cooking as I write this. I'm a bad man.
Also today, I saw a jay in Alexandra Park when I went for a run. And I got a postcard. Both of these occurrences are Good Things.

Comments

  1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/new-europe-your-videos


    So now the guardian wants to know what you had for supper yesterday. You've hit the big time.

    I cannot see the youtube video on the iPad for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Hucklow Fell Race 2025

Stan's Toffee Run 2025