This is not really tea
'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all meals are not created equal, that 'tea' is endowed by its Creator with certain unalienable Components, that among these are Meat, Alcohol and the pursuit of Windiness.' Thus spoke the founding fathers of Her Majesty's United Dominions of America all those years ago.
This evening's meal does not fulfil the first two of those requirements, being as it is a soup of barley, spud, leek and kale. The kale might at least give it a fighting change at the third, but all in all I don't think it can justly be classed as tea. I didn't even have any cheese to put on the toast that went with it.
I might have to eat the WeightWatchers 'Fruit Bears' my mother sent me home with, just to get a bit of dead-pig collagen to see me through the cold winter's night.
Up yours January, you mean and meagre month. Come February I'm going to drink a butt of malmsey every day, and feast on offal and sturgeon.
I forgot to take a photo of the soup, so here it is bottled up for lunch tomorrow. Lunch is allowed to be meatless and temperant.
This evening's meal does not fulfil the first two of those requirements, being as it is a soup of barley, spud, leek and kale. The kale might at least give it a fighting change at the third, but all in all I don't think it can justly be classed as tea. I didn't even have any cheese to put on the toast that went with it.
I might have to eat the WeightWatchers 'Fruit Bears' my mother sent me home with, just to get a bit of dead-pig collagen to see me through the cold winter's night.
Up yours January, you mean and meagre month. Come February I'm going to drink a butt of malmsey every day, and feast on offal and sturgeon.
I forgot to take a photo of the soup, so here it is bottled up for lunch tomorrow. Lunch is allowed to be meatless and temperant.
Comments
Post a Comment