Burnt face
Before we begin, if you came here looking for a hollaback girl, you are in the wrong place. This is a food blog, of sorts, and today it is about overfacing oneself with an excessively large plate of Saturday's leftovers.
The leftovers are of an ox cheek cottage pie, from a recipe in Waitrose Kitchen by Pippa Middleton. I like to think she wrote it all by herself and chose it with a knowing 'cheeky' wink to the media coverage of her, ha ha ha. And here she is, look, enjoying a plate of that same pie, casually dining with a friend (out of shot). I'm not sure your in-laws would approve of your table manners, 'P Middy'! (I'm told that's what the 'kids' call her on the 'street'.)
You could say she was the Pie-d Pippa, if you wanted to really split our sides. But please don't. My sides are bursting already with leftover pie! I turned it into a kind of meaty bubble and squeak, or 'Greek' as the Cockneys call it (don't let the Duke of Edinburgh hear you using that one, Pippa!), by frying it for ages with some lumps of frozen spinach and dolloping brown sauce on top. Not HP though. Far too Cromwellian for this Royal feast.
To give Middleton her du(k)e, this was a pretty good meal in both its original form with a side of steamed kale and in its bastardised burnt-up second (-in-line-to-the-throne) coming. Slow-cooked ox cheek in red wine and tomato, roast carrot and shallot, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, and spud-and-celeriac mash with horseradish and a lot of cream. No wonder I've killed three foxes and a working-class person since I cooked it. Bally good show, Piddleton!
The leftovers are of an ox cheek cottage pie, from a recipe in Waitrose Kitchen by Pippa Middleton. I like to think she wrote it all by herself and chose it with a knowing 'cheeky' wink to the media coverage of her, ha ha ha. And here she is, look, enjoying a plate of that same pie, casually dining with a friend (out of shot). I'm not sure your in-laws would approve of your table manners, 'P Middy'! (I'm told that's what the 'kids' call her on the 'street'.)
You could say she was the Pie-d Pippa, if you wanted to really split our sides. But please don't. My sides are bursting already with leftover pie! I turned it into a kind of meaty bubble and squeak, or 'Greek' as the Cockneys call it (don't let the Duke of Edinburgh hear you using that one, Pippa!), by frying it for ages with some lumps of frozen spinach and dolloping brown sauce on top. Not HP though. Far too Cromwellian for this Royal feast.
To give Middleton her du(k)e, this was a pretty good meal in both its original form with a side of steamed kale and in its bastardised burnt-up second (-in-line-to-the-throne) coming. Slow-cooked ox cheek in red wine and tomato, roast carrot and shallot, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, and spud-and-celeriac mash with horseradish and a lot of cream. No wonder I've killed three foxes and a working-class person since I cooked it. Bally good show, Piddleton!
Comments
Post a Comment