Morrisons has gone mad




Today I went to Hillsborough Morrisons for some milk. I've not been in for a while. I emerged with my head full of wonders. The picture is a jelly nut. Who knows what that is? I also got some mibuna, which is leaves that apparently taste mustardy. They have five types of aubergine in there, and cassava, and weird radishes, and all the herbs and leaves are continuously misted with something. They even have lotus roots, which is all a bit mythical. And absolutely ace.

Comments

  1. My local Morrisons in Glasgow has recently had a similar makeover, with cold mist now piped over the huge assortment veg. A jelly nut, if you haven't already discovered, is a young "green" coconut. These are used a lot in raw food recipes but I'd never seen any for sale in the UK until now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Hucklow Fell Race 2025

Stan's Toffee Run 2025