Dan Lepard's magic bagels
These were one of the first breads I ever baked (along with Dan's sour cream sandwich loaf). The recipe is here: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/sep/15/recipes.foodanddrink1
I did 1.5 times, and used 20g fresh yeast. I usually use Horlicks in the boil, but today I had some malt extract so I used that. It smells amazing. They look lovely and golden. (I haven't tasted them yet. I suspect they'd be better if I'd proved them overnight in the fridge as suggested, but they're usually pretty good anyway.)
I did 1.5 times, and used 20g fresh yeast. I usually use Horlicks in the boil, but today I had some malt extract so I used that. It smells amazing. They look lovely and golden. (I haven't tasted them yet. I suspect they'd be better if I'd proved them overnight in the fridge as suggested, but they're usually pretty good anyway.)
Comments
Post a Comment