I can't make lefse

Today I had a day off and so I decided to try to make lefse = Norwegian potato cakes.
I cooked potato and riced it. I have a potato ricer.
It doesn't become rice. Just rice-shaped, if you are imaginative.
I mixed it with cream and with butter and with flour, and I rolled and fried, but I don't think they were how they should be. They were all fragile and mashed potatoey.
I ate them anyway. There was brown cheese and some other cheese I think I've kept too long. (It was supposed to be elderflowery but it's just a bit sharp.)
It's not got much fruit in, has it? And I didn't have lunch. Perhaps I need to have some greens, get rid of this headache.


They've replaced all the orange streetlights round here with white LED ones. The planet is saved but everything looks wrong at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Hucklow Fell Race 2025

Stan's Toffee Run 2025