Chicken and dates
It's been a very long time since I blogged my tea, and even longer since I actually wrote about the food, – which is a pity given how much great grub I ate last week in Barcelona – so here is an experimental attempt at doing a straight 'here's what I ate' entry.
So, today's tea will shortly be Yotam's chicken with dates, olives and capers, from the Guardian. It will be accompanied by some brown rice and the borlotti beans pictured above, which I have just picked from my garden and I am very pleased with.
There won't be any wine, as I'm being well-behaved. There might be some squash, or mint tea.
I will post a picture of it and describe it when I have eaten. Bet you can't wait.
And here it is...
It was actually very good, despite my schoolboy error of not putting it in to marinate a day ahead. The molasses gave it a nice sourness, and the dates caramelised nicely. The beans were pretty cool too.
And there you have it. A straight this-is-what-I-ate blog entry. Hope you like it.
So, today's tea will shortly be Yotam's chicken with dates, olives and capers, from the Guardian. It will be accompanied by some brown rice and the borlotti beans pictured above, which I have just picked from my garden and I am very pleased with.
There won't be any wine, as I'm being well-behaved. There might be some squash, or mint tea.
I will post a picture of it and describe it when I have eaten. Bet you can't wait.
And here it is...
It was actually very good, despite my schoolboy error of not putting it in to marinate a day ahead. The molasses gave it a nice sourness, and the dates caramelised nicely. The beans were pretty cool too.
And there you have it. A straight this-is-what-I-ate blog entry. Hope you like it.


Comments
Post a Comment