Brave, or just dumb?
Probably dumb. Given that my stomach was embarrassingly upset all
afternoon, a tomato-sauce-based dinner was certainly not wise.
Thankfully, I don't have to be in the same room as anyone tomorrow. The
recipe is chilli, cheese and rosemary polenta with tomato sauce, from
River Cottage Veg Every Day, which is proving to be a very good birthday present.
It turned out pretty tasty, though next time I'll pay more attention to the 'non stick pan' part of the recipe. Also, it was a very brightly coloured tea, and thus cheery on a winter's night - such things are important in these austere times. Remember: We're All In It Together. Even polenta-munching ponces like me.
I'm washing it down with a bottle of a friend's much-clearer-than-I-ever-manage delicious homebrew.
But I think I'll follow it with some soothing ginger tea, too...
It turned out pretty tasty, though next time I'll pay more attention to the 'non stick pan' part of the recipe. Also, it was a very brightly coloured tea, and thus cheery on a winter's night - such things are important in these austere times. Remember: We're All In It Together. Even polenta-munching ponces like me.
I'm washing it down with a bottle of a friend's much-clearer-than-I-ever-manage delicious homebrew.
But I think I'll follow it with some soothing ginger tea, too...

Comments
Post a Comment